If one aims to clean their carpets thoroughly there is of course the option of hiring a professional carpet cleaner. Going this route takes the burden and responsibility associated with this work off the shoulders of the homeowner and places it on the shoulders of those with the experience and tools to do the job efficiently, quickly, and thoroughly. For those who can not afford to hire a professional carpet cleaner and those who simply prefer to do the work themselves, there are a few things to watch out for and be mindful of.
Do Your Homework
When someone decides to give their carpets a thorough cleaning it behooves them to do their homework. By using the internet a person can easily find out how to clean their carpets properly and without damaging them. Such persons should find out what type of carpet they are going to be working with, what type of tools work best on that carpet, and which cleaning solutions are safe. There is also plenty of information on how to clean a carpet properly and it is usually presented in a step by step break down.
The Carpet Cleaning Process
The carpet cleaning process isn't necessarily complicated but if the job is done using proper steps the results will be fantastic.
- Applying Suction – The carpet cleaning process should always begin with a thorough vacuuming. Standard retail bought vacuums work fine but a high end vacuum will coax stubborn debris out of its resting place before removing it.
- Pre-Cleaning Spray – Before rigorous cleaning can begin in earnest, a stain loosening cleaning solution needs to be sprayed over carpeting in its entirety. This solution will not only break stains up so that they can be removed but will also dissolve the waxy buildup that grows on carpets over time. Once applied this solution need to sit for no more than 15 minutes before the real cleaning can begin.
- A Good Scrubbing – Once the aforementioned solution has had time to absorb into a carpet and do it's job, a hot water shampooing unit should be used in order to remove any and all debris during this part of the process. Homeowners should be wary however as the units available for rent at retail stores aren't all that effective in scrubbing nor sucking up debris. Consider spending a few extra dollars and rent an industrial strength Rotovac designed for this very purpose.
- Post Cleaning Solution – This step in the carpet cleaning process is near impossible to do without a Rotovac or reasonable facsimile. During this process these high powered units lay down a protective solution that keeps carpets from incurring damage and becoming overly filthy. This solutions protects carpets for about six months and is also stain and spill prohibitive.
- Air Dry – The final step in the carpet cleaning process is of course its drying out. During the hours following a thorough carpet cleaning it's imperative that no foot see fresh carpet. Wet carpet is a conduit for debris so keep everyone and everything clear. The amount of time it takes for a carpet to dry out will depend largely on what time of year its cleaned and whether or not there are fans running at the time. Professionals often use large fans to facilitate quick drying. Carpets without the assistance of fans normally dry out anywhere from within a few hours to an entire day. Homeowners can run their own fans and open windows to help the process along. If someone must walk over freshly cleaned carpet remember to wear booties over shoes and bare feet.
The Professional AlternativeCleaning carpet thoroughly is an arduous task at it's easiest and is rather time consuming as well. It is for these reasons that many people opt to hire professional carpet cleaners as an alternative to doing the job themselves. Hiring a pro to tackle this job allows persons to do something much more fun with their free time and ensures that they get the end results they want. These services are surprisingly affordable and especially so when you juxtapose them with the time and money it takes to do the work yourself. Additionally most professionals offer free quotes and even on site estimates without obligation.
For A Free Orange County Carpet Cleaning Quote Call 949.786.0816 or Send Us A Message